Today ends a year I previously dreaded.
Last New Year’s Eve I worried about my future sleepless nights, caring for 4 young boys, and losing more of my freedom. Little did I know my year would also include a home robbery, colicky newborn, ER visits (crutches for me, concussion for Price), a contract with a literary agent, and some therapy sessions.
And despite the challenging events, I end the year feeling lighter and more joy-filled than I begun.
The last two weeks I’ve had real help in my home. My parents cared for my children while Bruce and I spent 36 hours away. My mom cooked meals and washed dishes and folded laundry and changed diapers. My dad drove boys to practices and held Knox and bought groceries. With help came freedom to laugh with the boys, crochet a “too small” hat for Knox, watch the amazing “Les Miserables”, fight with snow balls, read books, and …
If a picture is worth a thousand words, what value do I give a word? For each word I wrote I found an outlet. For each word I read I found comfort. God gave me encouragement from His Word, from time spent with Him & from the writings of others.
Here I’ve gathered my favorite words (if you click on the blue ones the link will take you to more words). The ones I’ve repeated. The ones which transformed my perspective. May they continue to carry me as I boldly step into 2013:
- If at the end of the day my children feel loved & accepted, THEN it was a good day.
- If God is calling me to His work, He will see it come to completion without sacrificing my primary calling as a wife and a mom.
- I will continue to be in the business of re-tying heart strings.
- Say Less, Pray More.
- The entire day wasn’t crazy. The crazy comes in waves.
- If I couldn’t say it to her face and she isn’t present, then I should NOT say it.
- When I think I can’t handle one. more. thing, God whispers, “You CAN’T…but I can.”
“He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again.” 2 Corinthians 1:10
- When I feel overwhelmed, I need to do the next right thing.
- I am the marketer for my family. People only know what I tell them.
“Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.” Ephesians 4:29
- God only expects me to do my best…and my best may change.
- “Find people who make you want to love God more…then make them meet with you.” Sally Clarkson
- I will not fail at motherhood.
- The crowded hours come one moment at a time.
- In pursuing “perfect” I can neglect “safe & loved”.
- There is no grace for my imagination.There is grace for my reality. (Vicki Kraft)
“Let the beloved of the LORD rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the LORD loves rests between his shoulders.” Deuteronomy 33:12
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!